10 May 2013

Learn to love yourself.


I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps 139:14). God knit me together in my mothers womb (Ps 139:13) and I am not a mistake. (Ps 139:15-16).

You can find the greatest love letter from God within the pages of the bible.  God wrote one to me and I choose to believe what He said.

However, I think I should see myself in positive light...So, I'm going to write a love letter to myself. I  would encourage everyone to do the same. It gives us a chance to focus on the positive aspects of ourselves without feeling the need to explain. It's not about how others perceive you or even that people may think you feel you're better. It's strictly about seeing the good in yourself. If it helps, write it how you think God, your spouse, or your best friend might look at you. This isn't about accepting or even acknowledging your flaws... Do you focus on the flaws of those you love or do you look past them? What you write about yourself may not be true 100% of the time, but rarely is it for anyone.  You cannot love yourself unless you look at yourself the way someone who loves you does. Makes sense, right?
Trust me, it's a lot harder than you'd think - and how sad that truth is. It's so easy for us to find fault in ourselves and extremely difficult to find positive aspects of our personality.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear T,

I want to start off by saying your mistakes do not shape who you are, they teach you who want to become. You are more than your short comings. I've known you your entire life; I've seen you stumble and succeed. You are a great friend. You would drop anything to be there for someone who needs you.  You have an incredible and unshakeable faith.  No matter how many times you fail to become closer to God, you pick yourself back up and try again.  In a world where many do not value marriage, you hold yours sacred and would do anything to protect it and keep it safe and you cherish your spouse. While some may view this differently, you have not jumped into a career just to start making money, you are waiting for God to direct your path. You have been an example to others in the past and continue to try.  You do not care what people say about you regarding your faith, you continue on with it even if people stop liking you.  You value and love your family and those you consider friends. You have a desire to breathe life into people, and when you do not succeed you tell yourself there will be another chance. You do not blame your health for anything and would never use it as a crutch, it has made you a better and more outgoing person. It does not limit what you can do. It has given you empathy for others in difficult situations. You are truthful, loyal and kind. You are awesome and you can do anything.  You are more than what your enemies say about you.
Its okay to love yourself.  I love who you are right now and who you are becoming.  Keep striving for the person God wants you to be and you WILL succeed.


Love,
Me.

P.S. You have a great smile.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I continuously wanted to say "well, you don't always do that, sometimes you...there were those times you..." No! Enough is enough already.  Your enemies will tell you enough about your faults, you don't have to tell yourself. Build yourself up.


Your words to yourself matter.


0 comments: