04 February 2013

The beginning of the end.

I write this to myself and to others on the same journey...


I've recently deleted Facebook. Shock and awe.  It was as if I woke up one day and realized I was wasting a disgusting amount of time on a website that was completely unhealthy for the lifestyle I'm trying to achieve.
At first, I thought I could use it to my advantage to post about things I was learning and going through in my journey. I soon realized it was too tempting to continue to spend loads of precious time reading about the dramas of others lives.
I went 6 months or more without it and decided to get back on for a short period to see if I had changed at all; if I was able to curb the appetite of being overly involved in the business of those on my "friends list".  Not so.
After abruptly deleting it yesterday for the second and final time, I realized something about myself...  I need the option of being able to get my thoughts out there to talk myself through my journey.  Whether or not anyone reads it or cares is irrelevant.
The problem with trying to use Facebook to do something like this was everyone you know already has a preconceived notion of who you are.  The people you allow to read your posts are obviously those that you love and vice versa.  You limit yourself on how you can change and grow because no matter what anyone says you care how the people you love will react to your change.

If you take this journey with me, some friends will be lost but you'll gain new ones. You'll gain friends that share your same desire to be the person God created you to be.
So, this blog is the beginning of the end - of who I used to be. A woman consumed by anything and everything that is a distraction from a Christ centered life.

I'll leave this advice of change and a challenge -

We can't do it alone, the mind is willing but the body is weak. Be sensitive and responsive to the spirits convictions in all areas of life.
Do not be misled: bad company corrupts good character. - 1 Co 15:33

Better is open rebuke than hidden love.  Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. - Proverbs 27:5-6

Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins, may they not rule over me. - Psalm 19:12-13

The challenge: If you haven't heard of KLove, check out their website www.klove.com.  Try their 30 day challenge of listening to nothing but Christian music for that time and see how God works in your life.










-T


2 comments:

Shmem ;) said...

I love it, love you... But most of all, i LOVE JESUS!! :) this was a great idea Shmeresa. I actually started listening to only Christian music about a week ago! That's crazy because I just saw the klove challenge! I dig it! Can't wait to see how many people check your blog out, and follow it.

Unknown said...

Yay! My first comment, it's an exciting moment. ;) I can't wait to hear how listening to only Christian music changes things. I've noticed that things start changing if I DON'T listen to it on a regular basis.
I hope lots of people will see it and that it will help someone or multiple with something. So far 153 have read it, it's a great start!
I love you, too! :)